Categories
Community Java XPages

NotesIn9 200: Access Server Databases From Code

Wow! Major milestone here. I really don’t want to make too huge a deal of this at the moment but I do have to say thanks for all the contributors that helped the show get to 200 episodes. NotesIn9 has contributed 94 + hours of free tips and tricks to the community.  Most importantly to me, 41 contributors have donated their time and talents to the show and I am so grateful for them helping out with my silly little corner of the Internet. I could never thank them enough.

I had many ideas for what to do with this show and in the end I decided to try and help a viewer who sent me an email. NotesIn9 was created to help others so to me it seems so very appropriate to mark this milestone with at least an attempt at helping others learn to code.

Learn. Code. Share.

Categories
Community Notes In 9 XPages

NotesIn9 makes it to 199 EPISODES!!!!

Yeah baby!!! That’s how we roll.

7 Episodes from my Epic session at MWLug 2016!!  All XPages.  The grand Finale makes my head hurt!  There’s code slinging in that one.

Look for them to be published very soon.  But for now.  I sleep!  haha

Sorry – a little punchy at the moment  🙂

Categories
Community Notes In 9

NotesIn9 is “Hiring”.

I’m looking to find someone to act as an “XPages Producer” for NotesIn9. This is a volunteer position.  This person would actively recruit and work with contributors of XPages related content.  This person does not have to produce their own demos but of course that interest and ability would be encouraged. Basically I’m looking for someone to do what I do for a typical “contributor” show :

Look for and try and encourage / recruit contributors.

Work with the contributor to make the best demo possible.

Coordinate delivery of videos from the contributor.

Wrap the demos up inside a little introduction section using a NotesIn9 themed template.

Export and deliver to me final videos for publishing.

Assist with updating XPages.TV / XPages MindMap.

If you feel you might be interested in this please drop me a note and let’s talk about it.

Categories
Community

NotesIn9 Update and Thank You Pete Janzen!

Today will be the last time I talk about XPages at a live event.  As Jesse points out it’s fitting that this coincides with the last day at IBM for Pete Janzen.

Pete has been the champion for the developer for as long as I’ve known him.  He’s like Ghost Rider.  He’s lived in both worlds – the Light Side were you want want to get things done and make better products, and the Dark Side where your hands are tied by “questionable” management decisions and constraints.

Thank you for your all your effort Pete.  May your future find you forever in Light.

Categories
Community

NotesIn9 at MWLug

Just a quick MWLug update.

My session “Hello and Welcome to NotesIn9” was moved from today to Friday at 11:30 in Ballroom D.  I hope to see you there.

Outside the session if you see me please say hello!  I love meeting and taking to people about XPages or anything else.

Also – I have a few NotesIn9 branded giveaways.  Collapsible water bags.  I have some with me and will have some at my session.

Categories
Community

Announcing the Unofficial MWLUG BBQ Event

On Tuesday at MWLug NotesIn9 will be sponsoring a small “BBQ” event which will be guest hosted by XPages Legend and frequent BBQ critique Paul Calhoun.  This will likely be around 11:30 – maybe a little bit earlier so if you plan on doing the official Alamo/Riverwalk tour that will likely conflict.

Basically I ordered a bunch of food from the famous Franklin BBQ.  Space is limited because I only got so much.  So if a bunch of people want to join then great – but it’ll be more of a BBQ “Tasting”. haha.  All are welcome though.

If interested just drop me an email and I’ll get you any details once I figure them out myself.

Thanks!

Categories
Community

NotesIn9 Live is coming to MWLug

In a couple weeks I’ll be in Austin Texas at the great MWLug event.  I’ll be presenting on XPages.  I’ll be doing a show with a bunch of tips and techniques that I use in the day job.  I’m trying to get a nice range of techniques.  Some might come from previous NotesIn9 shows but most should be brand new.  Hopefully there’s something useful and interesting for you.

Please come and say hello!

Categories
Community

XPages job Opening!

I was asked to post this from my good friend Dan Soares.

We have a FT on-site position that just opened up at Princess Cruises in CA. NOT a telecommuting position. Please ask the applicants to use my name for the referral (Daniel Soares).

Here is the direct link to the job: https://cruisetalent.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1703

If interested good luck and if I can help you at all just let me know.

Categories
Community

XPages at MWLug – what do you want to learn?

It’s no secret that I want to go to MWLug in August in the worst way.  And even though I’ve really cut back on my live speaking I would really like to speak at this particular event.

This means I need an abstract.  And a good one.  Which means I need a topic.  And a good one!  🙂

I also have 10 more NotesIn9’s to do before I hit the big 200!

So if you’re reading my blog you’re likely interested in XPages.

What do you want to learn about??

I’m interested in any ideas you might have.  If you’re going to MWLug please mention that as well, but that’s not a requirement to comment.  Right now I mostly want ideas that I might use for an abstract or even for NotesIn9.

Also – do you have an idea and have never presented before?  If you want any advice or even maybe a co-presenter let me know. Advice is always free.  Though you get what you pay for of course. haha

Categories
Community Well Crap

Can anyone help with “Notes 9.0.1 64-bit for Mac Open Database Issues”

Here is a post by CaySal Lackey who’s an rising XPages developer but is losing dev time to problems with the Notes Mac OSX client not being able to open and properly use 14 year old basic Form and View based databases.

https://caysal.wordpress.com/2016/03/20/notes-9-0-1-64-bit-for-mac-open-database-issues/
If anyone knows anything that can help her please post it on her blog.

Thanks!